Sunday, April 1, 2012

A couple of new pieces




This is a mobile bar done in quarter sawn curly cherry for the case and curly cherry for the top . It turned out very nice. Everyone that saw it loved it as did the most important, the client. It was based on a picture they sent and was sized for their needs. It rolls on 4 industrial casters. The hinges are stainless steel. They did want handles put on the 2 doors but after seeing it without them, they liked it better. The scalloped curly cherry in the doors was made with a custom knife set on the molder. It is not a light piece at all. Weighs well over 200#. Its new home is on the east coast.


A new cradle for our new grandson. Just got this sprayed last night. I used a water base finish. Turned out well. My daughter and her husband will be getting this next Saturday. It was based off a 17th century american cradle I found online. My daughter didn't want a hood, so I changed up the headboard end. Pretty simple to make. I made it a tight fit for the mattress they bought. This is the color of their bed I made them for their wedding. It was made in tiger maple as well. The dye is the same as on the curly cherry bar up on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment