Monday, October 3, 2011

First time jitters

Well, here it is. Having never been known as a blogger, writer,talker, I am taking the first steps. I am a custom furniture maker. I love what I do and have a great wife who supports what I do. Can't ask for any more then that. I am a blessed man.

I wanted to start this out by some simple explaining about what it is I do. How I build and find the right material. The stories about folks I meet and what I see. Its not a story many might find interesting, but I just thought I could share some.

The title of this blog is kind of what I do in my business. I buy and sell figured wood and build custom furniture. The wood finding is one of the fun thing I get to do. My wife goes along at times while I search out small mills and the interesting folks who run them. I hope to share some stories with you about that process. I know that I find the sawmill folks some of the most kind and honest folks I deal with. It goes the same with loggers. Honest, down to earth kind folks. I will share more of these folks with you as time goes on.

Its a beautiful October morning as I write this. It was a big weekend for Wisconsin sports. Packers Badgers and Brewers all won. Life is good on the farm. Hope you all have a wonderful day and I will write more later. bob

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you here! I look forward to reading your entries - I've saved you in my favorites!
    Shelley G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your new blog. Look forward to more content. So if we have any questions about furniture, finishing, the old/new machines, wood/lumber, just fire away!!!!!

    -Ace-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob,

    It's great to read your blog! Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

    -Mike

    ReplyDelete